Saturday, March 3, 2012

After fugue (dissociative disorder) would you regain your past memories?

After you got through the amnesia from fugue, would you get back your memories from BEFORE the fugue? Or would you just continue to forget them like when you have the amnesia for the rest of your life?After fugue (dissociative disorder) would you regain your past memories?
I have DID I regained some past memories when I was 38, It happened because of a particular smell of rolling tobacco sweat and alcohol - the memories retrieved were devastating at the time But I am now 63 and have remembered very little else the same loop of memories keep playing - I think because they are such powerful images they take precedence over and blot out all other memories.

I think some memories are stored with alters but have no proof of that - hypnotherapy has helped but the smell was the immediate key to the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment