Friday, March 9, 2012

Can someone have dissociative identity disorder and not know it?

Even if you're aware of the symptoms can you have it and not know? I have heard of cases which there was no amnesia or time gaps but the person still had the disorder because it can be subtle.

I was sexually abused as a child, not by someone in my family. basically i dont know who i am, feel like more than one person or nobody at all. I'm a stranger to myself, my family are strangers to me. I dont remember who I am, if i ever did. there is a shakey sense of identity combined with derealization, depersonalization, and a dumbing down, difficulty in concentration, ADD like symptoms and depression.Can someone have dissociative identity disorder and not know it?
your suppose to know who you in life i did not know that, the person doesn't know what a business man or woman is.Can someone have dissociative identity disorder and not know it?
Yes that sounds like strong symptoms of depersonalization, I can relate i get this a lot cause of anxiety, it can intensify itself to a point where I can't do anything productive and even speaking is difficult because of the brain fog. Dissociating yourself is the brain's reaction to excess stress. If you live long enough in such an altered state of consciousness then you might not even be aware of it anymore, but compared to an "average" state of mind yours would deviate.

No comments:

Post a Comment