Friday, March 9, 2012

Dissociative Identity Disorder questions...?

I need some help with DID...

See, I have a main character I made for a fictional story, and he sort of has two personalities.

What I want to know, though, is can a second personality they have have the same name and be aware of the other personality?

Also, when the 'main' personality still has control, is it possible for the main personality to suddenly remember what the second personality did, even though the main personality wasn't there? I.E., Second Personality kills someone, and later when the Main Personality is in control, the main personality remembers killing someone.



So, I guess I'm asking if a person could have DID, WITHOUT the amnesia. =C Please, reply. Thank you.Dissociative Identity Disorder questions...?
i don't think so. i think eventually after psychotherapy an individual can merge the two personalities, but initially they don't know about each other. it is so extreme that one personality can speak a different language, have a rash, have a cold, and then when it switches to another personality not know another language, the rash disappears, and the cold goes away. it is a very interesting disorder, but also very scary.Dissociative Identity Disorder questions...?
I doubt you'd class it as amnesia, as people with multiple personalities often report blacking out - this is when the second personality takes over and the main personality is unaware of this happening. I'm not an expert on MPD but I've studied it in psychology. Hope this helps!
  • envy 14 2
  • international trucks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment