Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Amnesia after car accident?

I was in a car accident on 31/12/08 and had a head injury requiring surgery to repair my right ear, and also fractured my right humerus and required surgery on that.



I can't remember anything at all about the accident, and seem to have a complete blank in my memory from about 2 hours before the accident until about 8 hours or so after it.



I have been told that I was conscious on arrival in A%26amp;E, and I was able to tell them my name, date of birth etc and also my mum's name and phone number, but I don't remember a single thing about it.



To be honest, I'm pretty glad I don't remember anything, as I've since been told I was trapped upside down in my car for at least an hour before being cut out by the fire brigade, and I suspect my amnesia may be dissociative (psychogenic) rather than caused by my head injury.



I just wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation and had later recovered their memory of the event, as I'm pretty worried that it will all suddenly come back to me one day!Amnesia after car accident?
Damn, that's nasty.... I haven't been in a situation like this, but I am sorry to hear about yours! Must have hurt like crazy!







Take care!
  • cleveland
  • calculate percentage
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment