Saturday, March 3, 2012

Is this psychogenic amnesia?

My best friend and I of 6 years broke up early last year and I've had to give up most of our mutual friends because of that. I remember being ostracized a lot in class throughout the year up to a point where the teachers could sense something was wrong. Later in the year, my parents got separated and I've had to move out with one of them. I remember later screwing up my exams quite a bit. The thing that doesn't come to mind is how a typical day in my life last year would have been like. I completely cannot remember what I used to do from day to day, how I felt or went through any of that. It was as if I was on autopilot throughout it all. I honestly can't remember anything. You would think that everything would be very clear to me considering how much it must have hurt. But when I try to recollect something I just start crying without realizing any emotion.



I'm in college this year so I've moved away from my hometown. I still get crying spells when I'm alone at night for no particular reason. When I try to picture myself going through all that I did last year, I just feel this crazy amount of self-pity. I really don't remember how I managed all that. More proof is that when I read back the things I've said on social-networking sites, and go through pictures, I find that I really can't recall any of it properly. Things like "Did I say that?", or "When/How did this happen again?" come a lot. Have I developed some form of dissociative amnesia? If yes, what should I do about it? My crying spells have been quite extreme recently, I can't quite focus on my studies. Is this some form of depression?



Please help. Thanks in advance.Is this psychogenic amnesia?
Watch the documentary called _The Secret_ (2006). Here's a description:



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_鈥?/a>Is this psychogenic amnesia?
Yes it's depression, and indicative of the fact that you need to go to counseling and process your losses of last year, maybe some antidepressant meds short term. This is not amnesia, disociation, or a psychogenic fugue. You wre in survivor mode, and going through the motions of life, that doesn't make you a multiple personality or anything else. Get some assistance instead of wracking your brain trying to remember stuff. Clean out those wounds, and let them heal. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment