Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What do I do after the military?

I am unable to go back into the military do to memory loss (I was honorably discharged, but for medical reasons i.e. dissociative amnesia).What do I do after the military?
First off, I hope you are getting the medical help you deserve. It shows you still have your wits about you be asking this question. I have some learning disabilities that make life hard for me, but if you find one of more of your talents and go with it you will be productive and you can make a living.

The second goal could be to settle for living off an adequate income, somewhere in the middle. Don't make money the center of your universe.

Once you get this, then look for leads and answers where you would not think they would be hiding, kind of. Talk to people and continue asking questions.

Serious question: Do you have a claim in for compensation with the VA. Just as quickly as possible go to the VA and register with them and seek medical treatment.

Tip: When you go into the VA and a nurse of Doctor asks you in an almost casual manner, "How are you doing today?" Be serious about the question and answer it with the symptoms your are suffering at the moment. Here is an example of the kind of answer you wish to provide them. Or like this, My memory loss gets in the way of me doing almost everything. I can't find a job, and I can not keep a job when I find it and I am depressed about my situation. I have a hard time maintaining relationships and so on.

I am not trying to put words in your mouth, but I worked with Veterans for years and helped them with benefits and processes.

If you wish to ask me questions, please e-mail and I would be glad to talk to you about the situaton you are in the the VA. Also, I may be able to answer your question more completely if you have the time to contact me.

No games. I do not want anything from you, but I do like to assist people with the problems associated with the VA and the Military.

Good Question.
get a normal job, being in the military will be good on ur resumeWhat do I do after the military?
well obviously nothing that will require a lot of memory. You could be a politician.
well god bless you for serving your country.



There should be some vereans aids out there to help you work out a new job, but find what it is you enjoy doing most in life and go for it.What do I do after the military?
Use your education money and go back to school, if your condition allows. You earned that money, use it.



Thanks for the service!!!!!
go back to school
Whatever makes you happy of course!!
police work, bodygaurd work, and military contracting are a few options
Blessings on you.

Fortunately, NOBODY is as strict as the military for these things. Go to school on your GI bill, or find a job in your military area.

Good luck, and my prayers are with you.
Now your out just live the dream!!!!!!!!!
Work in security. Not just regular driving vans to banks security, buddy, but high end driving BIG vans to BIG banks with your M4 and a uniform.
How about get some help in filing a disability claim through the VA. If you can substantiate a disability of 20% or higher, you can get your education paid for 100%.
G.I. Bill, thats what im doing now, trying to get a degree in business, if memory loss is a threatning issue than I reccomend studying in the liberal arts, or just art in general someone will tell you that you painted it, or put your name on it.



Cpl. Long
  • cleveland
  • tallahassee
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment