Friday, March 9, 2012

Whats it like as a day in the life process of someone who is victim of Anterograde Amnesia?

I was just wondering if anyone out there knew someone, and could shed some light on the subject for me. All the videos online weren't exactly enough to suppress my curiosity.Whats it like as a day in the life process of someone who is victim of Anterograde Amnesia?
Have you ever seen "Finding Nemo"?

Dory has the same problem.

so, I think it would be like that.



"A boat?! Hey! I saw a boat. It passed by not to long ago. Come on follow me."

"Why are you following me? A boat?! Oh yeah I saw a boat. It passed by not to long ago.

Come on follow me."

"Why are you following me?"



Like that.Whats it like as a day in the life process of someone who is victim of Anterograde Amnesia?
My father who is 101 y/o has it right now . I suspect he has had a brain injury. You can tell him something but he will forget it in the next moment. The really neat thing is,if someone teaches him something today he will have no memory of it but will preform the task. I think it is mostly the hippocampus that is responsible. There are 3 major areas responsible . At his age he just goes with the flow. I suspect it might be frustrating to a younger person.

No comments:

Post a Comment