Saturday, March 3, 2012

Am i really suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) / Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD)?

Please read the information carefully and then tell me the answer. Please give me a suitable advice regarding to my symptoms.



My name is Sam and i am 18 years old. I don't know how to start but i will define my symptoms through specific/main points



1. Multiple Personalities

- Yes, i have many personalities which always take place when i am in stressful work. For example- If someone try to beat me (especially my dad as he don't believe i have DID), i become small child and start to cry and my voice changes gradually. At that time i feel like killing myself to stop the humilation but this feeling only remain for some minutes and soon it is gone.

In Class when someone asks me question (my teacher), i answer him back but when he says i am wrong, i became angry and starts verbal fight (i don't know how i got the courage to verbal fight, because usually i don't fight with anyone, but when i do that, my heart starts pounding). This feeling also remains for some minutes

Sometimes when i am free, i feel like a girl (i am not gay or bisexual), but a girl feeling comes and i start acting like a girl (not in front of everyone) it happens sometimes (rarely but happens)

In free time, i make songs about girls and love. Sometimes i make songs on violence and rape and sing it to myself.

I feel agitated when i am in social relations. And i feel angry to myself, because of these feelings.

I don't have name for these personalities. But voices always murmer in my head and say me abuse words. No, i don't do self harm, but yes, feeling of harming others come and go (some minutes only)









2. Dissociative Amnesia

I don't have Amnesia, but i can't remember most of the childhood days. But if i try to remember i can know my childhood days. In school i can't remember anything except what is being told by teachers. I don't remember the whole day except study.



3. Other Problems

I don't have other problems except above, but above problems are trueAm i really suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) / Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD)?
Sounds more like a safety mechanism than DID, since DID personalities usually create the feeling of wholly losing the control of your body and in all cases amnesia to some extent. That's why it's DISSOCIATIVE identity disorder. It cuts off traumatic events for you. Oh, and not remembering childhood events is normal. I myself have not been diagnosed with DID but have really similar symptoms; sometimes losing all kind of emotion and sometimes going wholly paranoid. It's still not enough for DID diagnosis. As long as those voices in your head aren't the voices of your other personalities, it isn't a symptom either.



What worries me is that there ARE voices in your head. Even more that they're abusive. Because that isn't normal, that much I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment